MosaicBlues: Delivery ! .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Delivery !


2 weeks ago I drove from Alabama to Pennsylvania, 16 hours, mostly under  heavy rain...






Riding with me in the car was our Miura Hanshi Mosaic, a piece I was able to build thanks to generous contributions of people who backed my Kickstarter campaign. 





The Miura Hanshi mosaic was presented to Carl Long Hanshi, head instructor of the KNBK, an organization dedicated to the transmission of several traditional Japanese Martial Arts. 



Miura Hanshi was the 19th generation grandmaster in direct line from the founder of one of these arts. The presentation occurred in front of 60 Martial Artists gathered to train together in the Arts Miura Hanshi dedicated his life to transmit to us. 


The Miura Hanshi mosaic was built following the reverse method. It is made of 3 different black granites, ceramic and glass tiles. Its dimensions are 24 x 30" (60 x 75 cm).


I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see some of my own mosaics on my site mosaicblues.

 




A few times each year, I take on commission work.
If you are interested by a custom mosaic, 
portrait or an other decorative piece,
please contact me 

or 
by phone at (334) 798 1639. 


   You can also
to receive regular updates on the world and techniques
of mosaics in general and on my other projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment