MosaicBlues: Mosaic and Haute Couture - Dolce & Gabana - Part Trois .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mosaic and Haute Couture - Dolce & Gabana - Part Trois


This will be my final post about the Dolce & Gabbana Collection inspired by Byzantine mosaics and introduced to the world of Haute Couture in the Fall 2013.



Theodora Handbag




Empress Theodora mosaic (San Vitale Basilica)




D&G traveled to mosaic adorned churches across Italy, the Cefalu Cathedral in Sicily, the amazing San Vitale Basilica in Ravenna as well as other churches mostly located in Sicily.


Madonna Dress
 
The Cefalu Madonna Mosaic



During the Renaissance, Italian painters were inspired by Roman Frescoes and Mosaics created 13 centuries before them.  In our 21st century, fashion designers are still inspired by the work of artists who created 15 centuries before us. 



 
I am a modern mosaic artist who greatly admire Roman and Byzantine Art. My mosaics are often inspired by the works of ancient masters. You can visit my site at mosaicblues  If you are interested by my work, please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639.





You may also want to








In which I keep you informed of my work, techniques, history and archaeology of mosaics.




No comments:

Post a Comment