MosaicBlues: The Italian Bathroom - II .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Italian Bathroom - II

The bathroom cabinet over the sink. This is a mosaic made of glass and tainted mirrors, I had never used these materials to this extent before, and I must say I enjoyed this experience. 
  



Another interesting aspect of this project is that I used the direct method for the first time. in the past, I have always used the inverted method, because i was generally using materials of various thickness. With the kind of glass and mirrors I used here, it was not necessary.


Detail of the mosaic on the cabinet door











 As I am now writing (June 2011) I just started my first big piece with the direct method. A different - and interesting experience... 

It's a surprise and  should be competed by the end of July...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment