MosaicBlues: Mosaicblues opens French Studio .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mosaicblues opens French Studio


In a previous post I told you how was trying to solve the problem of shipping mosaics abroad. Mosaics being made of heavy stone, ceramic and glass mounted on cement and concrete materials, they are heavy and costly to ship.

Experimentation in June 2014 showed that by building my mosaics on a fiberglass mesh I would able to reduce the shipping weight by 55 to 65 %.

 
Miriam's Eyes, June 2014


I still had to be able to mount the mosaic on a solid support at its final destination, or in a workshop close to it, so I can drive to my patron's home or business to deliver and install the piece. 

Basically, I needed a finition shop in Europe.

I am pleased to announce the opening of Mosaicblues France.




My new studio is located in Saint Valery sur Somme, the very town from which William sailed to invade Britain in 1066 !


I landed in Paris with my mosaic on December 17 and started to set up the shop and work in it on December 18. 




The shop does not include heavy stone cutting or glass grinding equipment. I will simply be building frames and mount the mosaics on them.





My goal is to be able to simply mount lightweight, fiberglass mounted mosaics on a rigid support. These piece are still prefabricated in Alabama. 


Lu2 Mosaic, October 2014



On a next Episode of this amazing  
see the first French mounting of a Mosaicblues mosaic !



No comments:

Post a Comment