MosaicBlues: The SIGNS International Mosaic Project : 160 Mosaicists, 33 nations ! .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The SIGNS International Mosaic Project : 160 Mosaicists, 33 nations !


Last year Caroline  Jung had an idea for a wonderful art project. A theme that would connect everybody. Symbols, scripts of old cultures, many nations should come together in one piece of art and real artists could create a piece of their own culture as a part of a whole panel. 





There was just one media capable of realizing exactly this: mosaic.

After a first  a call to the art community, 40 artists committed to make a small piece and send it to her. Little by little, it came trickling.

At the end of 2014, they were 120 and they were still coming ! For weeks Caroline received all these small pieces of art from all around the world. Among them are incredible and unique artwork. The support in the community has been incredible. Even difficulties with different languages disappeared.






Most of the mosaics created are symbols of Peace and Freedom. The artists involved in this project have very different cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds. But they   speak the same language of Art.  It is their hope that this project inspire many more young people around the world to learn to speak the same language of Tolerance and Appreciation of other cultures. One language that leaves behind War and Racism.

At this moment Caroline has 140 pieces of art and you can imagine what the final panel will look like after completion. Once complete, the project will be sold and the money from the sale will be donated to a charitable organization. It is the artists hope that this piece be displayed in a public building, a library, a meeting hall or a museum.

Caroline published this video to promote the project, please help us by sharing this post. 







Vielen Dank, Merci beaucoup, Muchas Gracias, Teşekkűrler, Thank you so much, Grazie.



I am a French Mosaic Artist. I participated in Caroline's project, my piece the tenth from the Left on the top line is called "Michi", it is an old Chinese Symbol for "the way" things are, or Tao.I am very grateful for Caroline to organize this project.


I usually live and work in Alabama with my 2 dogs, 2 useless cats and many chickens in Alabama. You can see more of my mosaics on my mosaicblues pageYou can otherwise contact me by phone at (334) 798 1639 or email at  frederic.lecut@gmail.com.


You can also Subscribe to this Newsletter where I share with you the last news about Modern Mosaicists,  Materials, Techniques and Sources of Inspiration of modern and antique (Specially Greeks and Romans) Mosaicists and Patrons ! 




1 comment:

  1. Hello I am Sir Victor smith, I am one of the agents sent by the
    high priest to bring as many of those who are interested in seeing the light
    and becoming a member of the Illuminati to the great
    Illuminati temple,I am a business man I own private companies all over the world
    but I was once like you I could not even feed my family
    what kind of life was that to live?. I lived in poverty until I saw an
    opportunity to be a member of the great Illuminati Family
    and I took my chances and I have been a member for close to nine years
    now. Illuminati makes your business/ careers grows and many more
    other benefits so if you are interested write me via my mail victorsmith19721@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete