MosaicBlues: Pomegranate .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pomegranate


Work in Process : The Pomegranate Tree, April 26, 2015



I love pomegranates so much I planted five of them trees in my garden ! Not only are they delicious, Pomegranates are also is laden with mythological symbolism.



The Greek Goddess Persephone (Roman Proserpine)  got in trouble because she ate some why in Hades where the evil Pluto had taken her !

Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti

The Pomegranate mosaic is 22 x 24" (55 x 60 cm), made entirely of glass, it is inspired by a 13th century Persian Manuscript. 


Original Persian Manuscript
  
Pomegranate should be available in June 2015. 


Detail of Pomegranate - April 26, 2015


I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. I share my passion in my newsletter, as well as the work of other more modern mosaicists working with traditional or non-traditional media.




You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues  If you are interested by my work or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 


You can also



No comments:

Post a Comment