MosaicBlues: Red Scarf .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Monday, July 13, 2015

Red Scarf


Red Scarf is almost done...

She has been in gestation for quite a while... I found the original image early in 2014. A portrait of a beautiful enigmatic lady !



And I went to work... I wanted, of course, to concentrate on her eye. 



I did my usual graphic work, had the model printed, and started to work in April 2014. 

April 26, 2014.
I usually start with the outside borders. Here I used a beautiful, very hard spotted Green Marble which I knew would contrast nicely with the very reds tones of her veil.

In August 2014, I had added some black granites and began using various shades of red, yellow and orange glasses. 


August 1st, 2014




August 3rd, 2014.


After that, I got very absorbed in various projects and commissions, and spent little time on her until June 2015. 

June 19, 2015

I added quite a few materials, ceramics, porcelains, 


June 19, 2015


Glasses, Van Gogh glasses, most of them brilliantly coloured. 


June 22, 2015




On June 25, tiling was complete !


June 25, 2015






I set Red Scarf's support on June 26, and flipped her on June 28 with a few friends invited to the event !


June 28, 2015, first vision of Red Scarf !

There are still quite a few hours of cleaning and grouting, but we finally can look her in the eye !


June 28, most of the white glue is still there to be cleaned up !


Red Scarf will receive her steel frame and should be available before the end of August 2015. If you are interested by her, please contact me, preferably by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com. I will post additional pictures of her grouted and framed in August.



I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues







If you are interested by my work or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone 
at (334) 798 1639. 

You can also 

(and I recommend it !)












No comments:

Post a Comment