MosaicBlues: Convergences .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Convergences


Sometimes, different people create very similar work of arts, or scientific theories.  And it is not always a matter of one copying the other. 

I discovered today this gorgeous mosaic : 




Work of Oliver Richard Budd, who explains in this page how he built that beautiful composition.

It immediately reminded me of this piece from the House of the Faun in Pompeii.


Materials and compositions are different, but both pieces are about the bounty of the ocean, which from immemorial times has been symbolizing the mother of all life; spiritual mystery; death and / or rebirth; timelessness and eternity... 

How do you feel about this ? Do you feel a connection between both piece ? And then, if you do, how would you explain it ?


I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues





If you are interested by my work or would like to drop me a line please contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 


  You can also
(and I recommend it !)



No comments:

Post a Comment