MosaicBlues: Baobab of Life .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Baobab of Life

The tree of life is a common motif in various world religions, mythologies, and philosophies. It alludes to the interconnection of all life on our planet. The term tree of life may also be used as a synonym for sacred tree. 



I have made many mosaic trees of life, and you can see some of them on a dedicated page of my mosaicblues web site. 




I am presently working on 2 more of them. 

  • "Le Grenadier" is a bigger version of my Pomegranate Tree presently displayed in my studio in France. It is almost exclusively made of glass tiles. 




  • "Baobab of Life" is a worked commissioned by a collector and friend of mine from Dothan. 


The Baobab of Life.

It includes my three usual materials : Stone, Glass and Ceramics. 

Details of the Roots

Both pieces should be available in December.

And Grenadier would make an amazing Christmas Present...



I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see my own mosaics on my site at mosaicblues.
 




If you are interested by this piece or my work in general 
or if you would simply like to drop me a line, please 
contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com  
or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 
 
   You can also
(and I recommend it !)



No comments:

Post a Comment