MosaicBlues: Meanwhile, in England... .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Monday, April 25, 2016

Meanwhile, in England...

 

An elaborate Roman villa has been unearthed by chance by a homeowner laying electric cables in his garden in Wiltshire.

 

As he was carrying out some work at his farmhouse so that his children could play in an old barn, the owner  uncovered an untouched mosaic, and later excavations revealed high status pottery, coins and jewelry.
The villa built sometime between AD 175 and 220, is thought to be one of the largest of its kind in the country. It has not been touched since its collapse 1,400 years ago.




I am a modern mosaic artist with a deep admiration for ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine Arts. You can see some of my own mosaics on my site mosaicblues.


 








If you are interested by my work in general  or if you would simply like to drop me a line, please 

contact me by email at frederic.lecut@gmail.com   

or by phone at (334) 798 1639. 
You can also






No comments:

Post a Comment