MosaicBlues: Completing Carola Quinta - the last cuts. .entry-content { font-size:25px !important; }

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Completing Carola Quinta - the last cuts.


I am presently completing Carola Quinta, the fifth of my Opus Pixellatum series of Carole's eyes. I only have 3 to 4 % of the tiles left to lay, but they will take about 10 % of the total laying time.
I have used in this piece the 3 Opus Pixellatum and Tesselatum and Sextile techniques. Tessellatum is perfect for the curvy vines growing on top of the background layer. The bottom boulders (I harvested on the parking lot of the riding trail ...) qualify as Sextile.


Opus tesselatum, pixellatum and sectle in the same mosaic piece.
Green boulders at the bottom right corner.

Because of these irregular and spiral shapes, I have to cut some of my small square tesserae to fit the curves. This accounts for the extra time spent in the completing stage of this piece which should be available in August after I come back from visiting some Romans sites in France next month.  






I am a French mosaicist.
In 1992 I made Alabama his home.
  My Art is about inspiring People.

You can contact me either 
by phone at (334) 798 1639 or by email at 
You can also subscribe to my


The famous Marcel Gottlieb coccinelle


No comments:

Post a Comment